Week commencing Monday, 23 October 2023
- This week: Stand 7/7; Exercise 3/7 and Move 6/7. (76%, Good). Morning walks: 1/4 (days in the office don’t count). Office days 1/5. Total steps: 57,976
- This week, back 4 times: back home (I’m noticing the cold); back dieting (gotta lose those holiday kgs); back gyming (not convinced about the refurbishment) and back at work.
- Related, back at work after a holiday has advantages when you work form home. It’s not as jarring. My ex-colleague, Duncan, has written about recent headlines encouraging people ‘back to the office’. I agree with everything written.
- Unexpectedly attended the office halloween party. I didn’t have a costume. Ravi found a green wig for me. Obviously, I didn’t win for best costume. Apparently, the punch was excellent (which I interpreted as ‘strong’) but I didn’t even notice there was a punch bowl.
- There’s an impressive witch above the bar at The White Swan. On Thursday, we watched from round the side of the pub, as a crew were putting up the Carnaby Street Christmas lights.
- The answer to the question posed in Weeknotes #33 is that, yes, they do.
- I got a flu jab but it cost me. No side-effects to report, which is good, as we went for a lovely lunch with family in Woking.
- Related, Centre Court Shopping Centre in Wimbledon is morphing into Wimbledon Quarter as the boards hiding the redevelopment come down and they open the roof.
- Sunday, I did some cleaning and it really boosted my mood. And then I cheered up even more by going to see people sing Cher songs.
- The Ty Benitll show on Apple Music: Celebrating Thomas Rhett’s 20 number ones. Really interesting and makes me want to discover more of his music.
- Festive Fizzy Pop is back for 2023 so I have started an Apple Music playlist to capture the ones I want to remember.
To save the links getting lost in the future I checked the Internet Archive to see what they had saved for the posts linked here. If the source above no longer works, these should.
- Duncan Illing Writes: Working From Home Can Work: Why Dylan Jones is Wrong
- Impressive witch above the bar
- Christmas: Festive Fizzy Pop
- Centre Court -> Wimbledon Quarter
- Songs: The Joy of Cher