Week commencing Monday, 9 October 2023
- This week: Stand 4/7; Exercise 2/7 and Move 4/7. (48%, I’m embarrassed ). Morning walks: 0/3 (days in the office don’t count). Office days 2/5. Total steps: 46,514
- Monday to the office. Is it Agency, Advertiser or Brand? Can you have déjà vu for déjà vu?
- I’ve read a lot of discussion about an apostrophe in a Burger King ad this week. At least there is one, was my thinking. I needed Daring Fireball to explain and tell me Shift-Option-] is what I might need.
- Tuesday, World Mental Health Day (mental health is a universal human right): a seminar at work reminded us that the little things can make a big difference. The effects of giving off good vibes can’t be underestimated.
- Also, Tuesday, Keir Starmer announced plans for a publicly owned renewable energy company and new towns. Investing in infrastructure not killing it off seems a better way forward to me.
- In a call with Mum and Dad, I was asked what does RACE CAR spell backwards? How come I’d never noticed that before?
- Same call, we learned that, after the St. Valentine’s Day Massacre, the Tommy gun gained notoriety with the mob. We also discussed violin cases and if it was used by the Italian mafia.
- ITV: She has been at the heart of This Morning for the past 14 years, and she is adored by our viewers. Holly Willoughby has said she is quitting This Morning.
- Kind of related, Diamond Geezer’s been to the location of all three Big Brother houses.
- Saturday, I rode the pods again. Still a fun thing to do if you need to stay near Terminal 5.
- Sunday, to Palermo. Early start for the plane. On time flight in spite a truck being parked behind the plane. Train into Palermo easy but the station sparse.
- As recommended in the mental health seminar, and recommended by me, Brené Brown: The power of vulnerability. Feeling connected is why we are here.
- Roman Kemp’s Dad doesn’t have many friends, at least according to Roman in this Radio Times podcast
To save the links getting lost in the future I checked the Internet Archive to see what they had saved for the posts linked here. If the source above no longer works, these should.
- Is it Agency, Advertiser or Brand?
- Daring Fireball on apostrophes.
- World Mental Health Day 2023: mental health is a universal human right
- Keir Starmer speech: Labour plans publicly owned renewable energy giant
- Diamond Geezer: Three Big Brother houses
- At Heathrow: Riding the pods again
- Radio Times Podcast: Roman Kemp on nepotism, fame and oversharing