Week commencing Monday, 29 August 2022
- This week: Stand 6/7; Exercise 4/7 and Move 5/7. (71%, down again).
- Lovely to meet Gerry and Paul at the Hampton Court Palace food festival. It was a great way to spend a bank holiday morning. Ended up trying remarkably little of food.
- To Jo & Phil’s for a barbecue the same evening and considerably more food was consumed: I am not sure how they do it but the barbecue is always perfectly done.
- The Riverside Studios in Hammersmith was once, albeit prior to the redevelopment, one of the many homes of the BBC’s Doctor Who and Quatermass. We went for ‘evening in a dungeon with a gorgeous male escort’. Or, more accurately, to see Horse Play a comedy about such a situation. I feared it would a bit cringeworthy and, actually, was really amusing.
- Thursday was my last day in the office: some lovely words were said and there was a great gift. It felt a bit odd leaving the building but we had fun at the drinks.
- Friday was even odder as I was officially working but had no company equipment. Mainly used webmail to send my goodbyes.
- A wonderful evening at The English Grill in Victoria with Rashmi. It looks like she will be moving to the US.
- Saturday night it was off into the Symphonic Universe at the Royal Festival Hall where the London Concert Orchestra played film scores, mainly – but not exclusively – from the Marvel Universe (think Guardians of the Galaxy, Iron Man and Captain America). It was quite a last minute booking and I wasn’t sure what it was going to be like but it was superb.
I am going to take a break from Weeknotes as I’ve decided to spend some time decorating and visiting family before I start my new job. Hopefully, I will be back doing this at some point.
To save the links getting lost in the future I checked the Internet Archive to see what they had saved for the posts linked here. If the original source above no longer works, these should.