Week commencing Monday, 10 May 2021
- The interesting, interconnected world in which we live has been highlighted for me on my quest to buy a new jar of Marmite. Don’t judge me for my love of the yeasty spread. Apparently, our inability to buy beer in pubs had an impact on yeast supplies to Unilever which, in turn, had an impact on the amount of Marmite that can be produced. I found a big pot on Amazon which saved the day but, please, as the local pub opens go and buy some beer!
- I finished Dolly Parton’s America podcast. I fear some people may be put off by the title. Sure, Dolly is the thread that connects all the episodes but it deals with so many big issues for today. Give it a listen. My favourite Dolly line, “I don’t know that I believe in reincarnation. And I didn’t believe in it when I lived before”.
- I went to the gym 3 times. Rather pleased that I managed that.
- Walked around part of central London on Sunday which was most enjoyable. Took a picture of Tower Bridge with the clouds that I thought was quite good.
To save the links getting lost in the future I checked the Internet Archive to see what they had saved for the posts linked here.
- Marmite Supplies Dwindling in Supermarkets Due to Yeast Shortage
- Marmageddon: no jars on the shelves.
- Dolly Parton’s America podcast.
- A picture of Tower Bridge, 16 May 2021 on Flickr.
- This post, Weeknotes #7