Week commencing Monday, 1 August 2022
- This week: Stand 6/7; Exercise 5/7 and Move 6/7. (81%, let’s say, no change).
- Bananarama had a small gig to launch their new album, Masquerade, described as Bananarama’s best album since their 1987 hits-packed, career-high Wow!. I went on Thursday. Wonderful evening. More bouncing. A bit too much wine and an expensive Uber home.
- Disappointingly, my blood donation appointment was cancelled again. This means I have still never given blood in spite of trying for a year. Undeterred, I rebooked.
- Agreed to upgrade the motor on an electric awning in Spain. That’ll cost but, maybe, we’ll see the benefit at some point.
- On Tuesday, I spoke to the volunteer team. I have been unable attend any of the uniform hand-out days so it will be left at the pod when I get to the location on Saturday.
- On Friday, an email said the pod wouldn’t be there as it’s not ready. Ooops.
- On Saturday, the pod was there but the uniform wasn’t. Still, a lovely day in the sunshine helping people around Westminster. There was a protest in the middle of Parliament Square but that didn’t disturb. Was asked a question about services at Westminster Abbey, the answer to which is that to attend a service you should go via the Great West Door.
- Mum and Dad arrived Sunday evening, late, after a cancelled train. They’d bought Avanti First Class to celebrate Dad’s birthday but, although they got a seat they go no service. Mum was very disappointed.
- It turns out, Miso aubergines are delicious.
- My Amazon Prime Try Before You Buy items came through. I’m glad a did it. I ordered two pairs of shorts but the pair I was less likely to order fitted if I couldn’t try first, better. A little win.
- Amazon announced it was going to buy iRobot, makers of the Roomba vacuum. The robots will take over the world.
To save the links getting lost in the future I checked the Internet Archive to see what they had saved for the posts linked here. If the original source above no longer works, these should.
- ALBUM OF THE MONTH: Masquerade by Bananarama (July 2022)
- Attending a Service
- Experience First
- Amazon: Try Before You Buy
- Amazon is buying Roomba vacuum maker iRobot for $1.7 billion
Archived at The Wayback Machine