Working. I want to work, thats for sure but I am not sure what I want to do for a living. My job is OK and pays well but its hardly the most stimulating of careers and, whats more, I was in the office until almost 9pm. 9pm on a Friday night. Somehow, I dont think this is right:
- I do not think its right for me to work so many additional hours. Its not the first night this week by a long shot. I do get paid reasonably well but I want to work to live rather than live to work.
- I do not think this is right for my relationship. I am so exhausted by the time I get home that all I do is eat and sleep. This is not much of a life really.
- I do not think this is right for my health. Lengthy hours equal stress in the desire to get home (and I am sure must lead to mistakes somewhere along the line). I need to eat (decent food) at a decent hour and not (fast food) at some late hour before I fall asleep on the sofa or crawl to bed.
- Im not even site its right for the company that employs me. Im sure that by putting this much pressure on me, they are not getting the best out of me.
- And above all its not right for my spirit. It depresses me to spend so long working. I know I am lucky to have a reasonably paying career but if this is all life is then I am not sure I want it. The career, that is, I do want the life!
But at last, the weekend! Time to re-charge.