- HTML5 and client-side storage can have implications for privacy surrunding advertising. Here’s the latest information from Ars Technica.
- Adotas has one of the best articles I have read on how privacy needs transparency so that the world understands the trade-off between data and a (supposedly) free internet,
- Newspaper are having a difficult time recovering from the slump but online revenue rose nearly 14 percent to about $744 million in the second quarter compared with the same period a year ago, yet it still could not offset almost an 8 percent drop in print advertising.
- ClickZ looking at how Google’s Priority Inbox – and other things – impacts email marketers. It has another take on the engagement metric which is becoming popular – how often we interact with senders is good way of understanding what kind of messages we are receiving.
- Great piece at Mashable which is really the opinions of some ad agency-types on how digital media is changing the world of advertising for agencies. “Location Campaigns Are the New Targeting Mechanism” is just one of the headlines.
Curns’ ad links is a collection of links about the digital advertising industry; generally focussed on the display advertising market with an emphasis on the technology to deliver great advertising experiences.