- Brand Republic’s piece on a survey that says users think online advertising is intrusive, repetitive, unappealing & cheap. I’m not sure any surveys will ever get people to say that advertising is a good and positive thing but, on up side, it reminds us to innovate with formats more and, on the down, is 1000 people a decent sample?
- in game advertising is not something that I have covered too much before but it’s both big business and, generally, quite inventive. This overview from TechRadar isn’t saying a lot that’s new but it’s a great summary.
- An interesting piece from Econsultancy questioning how engagement is defined. This is a useful conversation if advertisers and going to demand the engagement metric. Is the concept to become as flawed as the click for understanding users & their intent?
- An interesting discussion on engagement as a measurement for display: publishers are only paid when some interacts with the ad. Perhaps this will launch that quest for new more engaging formats?
- I’ve been saying for a while that on-line ads formats need to develop again. We need to move beyond the banner. This survey, that shows 18-24 yr olds find off-line media more impactful than on-line, somehat backs me up.
Curns’ ad links is a collection of links about the digital advertising industry; generally focussed on the display advertising market with an emphasis on the technology to deliver great advertising experiences.